October 2, 2012

I'm A Pumpkin, I'm A Pumpkin, I'm A Pumpkin!

I'm dedicating this post to my best friend for her birthday (3 days ago). I've never met anyone who loves pumpkin as much as me. So how perfect was it for her birthday cake to not only be topped with a massive jellyfish, but to be the most AMAZING pumpkin treat we've ever partaken of. No joke. (thanks BS and swirly girls gourmet!)

As far as how much of that massive thing we ate, I'm not going to tell. But we figured since our eating has been pretty clean the past couple weeks, we'd make an exception for a pumpkin treat. Worth every calorie.

Happy 27th J-HUD! I love you!

I also decided to surprise Jamie with a treat I knew wouldn't disappoint. Pumpkin Fro-Yo. My lovely mother, Christianna, has this magical ice cream maker that whips up delicious treats in like 20 minutes! It turned out pretty yummy, and the fact that it was low-cal made it even better.

Homemade Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt

1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Mix everything together in a large mixing bowl until completely combined. Churn the mixture in an ice cream maker for a few minutes until it is a smooth, cool consistency. Or, if you don't have an ice cream maker, place the bowl in the freezer and stir mixture every half hour until it reaches desired consistency.


Just a warning; lots of recipes that we share will include pumpkin. Oh, and you can follow our pumpkin board on Pinterest! pinterest.com/alielisabeth/pumpkin-party/


1 comment: