Getting healthy and adopting a clean eating lifestyle can be overwhelming at times but I wouldn't change it for the world! My body is starting to change, I have more energy, and I am honestly borderline becoming obsessed with researching and learning new tips!
As my jellyfish has informed you, I love Jamie Eason. Jamie has created a DELICIOUS pumpkin protein bar recipe that I just tried for the first time. Whenever I am craving a treat these are amazing to have on hand and they contain NO SUGAR, BUTTER, OR OIL!
Here are all the ingredients I used. Eason's recipe calls for Xylitol as a sweetener but I used Stevia instead. I used 1/3 cup and would probably decrease it to 1/4 cup next time.
Before being placed in the oven.
Fresh out of the oven - YUM! I baked mine at 27 minutes instead of the full 30.
Approx. Nutrition Facts:
Nutrition (without walnuts): 1 square = 47 calories, .7 g fat, 8 g carbs, 3.7 g protein
- ½ C Xylitol Brown Sugar Blend (I will be using 1/4 C Stevia)
- 1 - 4 oz. jar baby food applesauce (because there are no additives)
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground clove
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 - 15 oz. can of raw pumpkin
- 2 C oat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ C chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
- Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts), and mix until incorporated. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.
- Makes 24 squares.
Click here to watch Jamie Eason make these!
Remember being prepared is the key to succeeding! If you keep a baggy of these delicious bars on hand there is no reason to reach for a candy bar, candy corn (if you are my jellyfish), or even the prepackaged protein bars available everywhere! These are FULL of sugar, preservatives, and crap!
Always read labels! If you can't pronounce it, you probably shouldn't be eating it :)