October 5, 2012

Muffintop Non Lover...

I am feeling discouraged today.  And I need to remind myself that it's okay to feel this way!  Go through the motions and move forward.  A drastic transformation is not going to happen overnight so continue to put in the HARD work and it will pay off!

Getting healthy and adopting a clean eating lifestyle can be overwhelming at times but I wouldn't change it for the world!  My body is starting to change, I have more energy, and I am honestly borderline becoming obsessed with researching and learning new tips!

As my jellyfish has informed you, I love Jamie Eason.  Jamie has created a DELICIOUS pumpkin protein bar recipe that I just tried for the first time.  Whenever I am craving a treat these are amazing to have on hand and they contain NO SUGAR, BUTTER, OR OIL!


Here are all the ingredients I used.  Eason's recipe calls for Xylitol as a sweetener but I used Stevia instead.  I used 1/3 cup and would probably decrease it to 1/4 cup next time.
 
Before being placed in the oven.
 
Fresh out of the oven - YUM!  I baked mine at 27 minutes instead of the full 30.
 
Approx. Nutrition Facts:

Nutrition (without walnuts): 1 square = 47 calories, .7 g fat, 8 g carbs, 3.7 g protein
Nutrition (with walnuts): 1 square = 63 calories, 2.3 g fat, 8 g carbs, 4 g protein

Ingredients:


Directions:
 
  1. Preheat the oven to 350.
  2. Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
  3. Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
  4. Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts), and mix until incorporated. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.
  5. Makes 24 squares.

Click here to watch Jamie Eason make these!


Remember being prepared is the key to succeeding!  If you keep a baggy of these delicious bars on hand there is no reason to reach for a candy bar, candy corn (if you are my jellyfish), or even the prepackaged protein bars available everywhere!  These are FULL of sugar, preservatives, and crap!

Always read labels!  If you can't pronounce it, you probably shouldn't be eating it :)


 


2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, you'll get through the rough patch. FGV's (Feel Good Vibes) and a big {{Hug}}

    I tried a bite of one of these and they are delicious!! Making some for DH tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support sMom! I couldn't do this without your help! Our lunches everyday are so much fun!
    I hope DH liked the bars as much as we did!

    ReplyDelete